Saturday, July 13, 2013

Clay Day Training- Robots

This was such a fun day.  I love getting the chance to play with clay and just sit my bottom down and not spin myself silly trying to get to what feels like 100 kids needing my help all at once.  And doing that 5 more times during the day, and then repeating that for the rest of the week.  Ugh, am I the only one that feels that way about clay?!?  In college I couldn't wait to get to clay, it felt like all my troubles "slipped" away, he he, had to throw that one in.  Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed making these clay robots, but I wouldn't dare do this with a whole grade level.  This is more like art club with 6-10 responsible 4th or 5th graders.  More like art therapy for art teachers 5 days after school has ended, thank you Hays CISD for this therapy session!!! 

This is the example done by the Mayco rep, so fun!!




This is my little guy!  His glasses didn't make it to the firing process.  Think I will attempt some wire ones later.   Now to the garage to find some goodies to add to my Mr. Roboto.

Art teacher Melanie C's twin robots.  (She stayed in from lunch to do the second one)  Not me, I'm a mommy of three, I saw my chance at a serene and peaceful lunch... by myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/