Monday, July 29, 2013

3-D Birds

This is a lesson that was done by one of my student teachers several years ago, Jennifer O'neal.  Originally, we did this with 4th and 5th graders.  I believe we spent at least 3, 50 minute sessions on this project.  I was a great project, because once we got the major features done, the kids were free to decorate their birds as they wished.  We had hula birds, superhero birds, ballerina birds, ninja birds...so in other words, the possibilities were endless.  I did these once again with my art campers this summer.  We didn't get to spend the time on them I had hoped for, but they still came out really cute.  






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are too cute. I am not a huge fan of birds but these birds I could fall in love with. This is a wonderful art project to have the kids do.

    Please Visit my website : What is a PhD by Publication?

    ReplyDelete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/