Monday, August 25, 2014

Shrink Art Bracelets


These are the shrink art bracelets my kiddos did at art camp this summer.  (Sorry, I do not have any pictures of them with the strings attached)  These are all done with colored pencils and some have a bit of sharpie for detail.  I gave them free choice on their shrink art, so some of the shrink art has names, characters, or landscapes.

Here is a batch before shrinking.

Another batch before shrinking.

You can see that even if the kids don't really press the colors they get a finished product that has great vibrant colors.

For the bracelets, I took a sheet of shrink paper and quartered it.  I also had an edger that took the points off the corners.  A regular hole punch will give you the perfect size hole to feed string through.






Keep a metal spatula handy to flatten before they cool. 

I can usually get 5-6 small pieces like this in one batch (with my oven at home).  You may have to play with the heat setting, but I always use 300 degrees for about 2-3 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/