Monday, March 17, 2014

Leadership Day

Here is part of the artwork out on display in the hallways of our school.  ( I apologize for a few blurry photos)  At the end of February we had our second annual Leadership Day.  It was a great experience,  our students lead the morning activities while lots of proud parents, community members and teachers watched students take on these leadership roles!   Our school is currently in its second year as a Leader In Me campus, which uses the The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey as the model.  Our campus goal is to achieve Lighthouse statis.  These habits are things that most good schools do anyway, but I like the common language used throughout the school.  Each classroom has a 7 habits tree with the listing of habits.  Habit 1- Be Proactive, Habit 2- Begin with the end in mind, Habit 3- Put first things first, Habit 4- Think win-win, Habit 5- Seek first to understand, then to be understood, Habit 6- Synergize, Habit 7- Sharpen the saw.  I know as a parent, I am starting to use these at home as well, and they don't question me (Habit 3 seems to be my go to habit!!)    Here is the website to the Leader in Me, http://www.theleaderinme.org/what-is-the-leader-in-me/ 















No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/