Monday, October 21, 2013

Why did it take me this long to figure out...Hello!!

 
Well, I am a little embarrassed but, that isn't anything new for me.  So, I have been teaching 16 years, and I would have thought this would have come to me sooner.  For kinder, we always do projects where they can practice their cutting skills.  I have them make a few of the shapes by tracing, but I do the majority, so they can consentrate on the cutting part.  I always do the same thing, find an object and trace 125 for one shape, repeat for a second shape, before you know it I've traced 500 or more, and then I despise the artwork...because my hand hurts.  It just dawned on me a few days ago that I could take an object and stamp it rather than trace it.  I did about 700 shapes in about 15 minutes, and my hand didn't hurt.  So, if you are spending hours tracing shapes for your students, save yourself some time and pain and stamp those shapes.  Your hands will love you for it!!




2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha. You could also just photocopy it. Construction paper runs through a copy machine. I am the queen of shortcuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually copied shapes on the copier, or at least until the copier starts miss feeding the construction paper, as it usually does! But most of the time I am doing the shapes on painted paper. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!!

    ReplyDelete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/