Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Calavera Sunday

This Sunday my girls and I made a day of painting calaveras.  Using brown postal wrapping paper, we spread out and went to work.  While my girls have not really experienced death, except for my oldest who lost a great-grandma when she was 3, they have no reference to that kind of loss.  But, I found it to be a great opportunity to discuss loosing a loved one.  This is not a subject that anyone wants to embark on with their children, nonetheless, it is inevitable that they will experience it.  I want them to know it is important to talk about it and grieve and find comfort in remembering. 









And since we just celebrated Halloween, I thought I'd share a few photos of the night!


I was a little bummed, my witch hat went to work with my husband, who is a fireman.  So I had to be a hatless witch, hence the spider web to help out with the witchy look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/