Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Magic Raincoat, Part 1

The Magic Raincoat by Ryan David Is a fun book to read.  The illustrations by Sibylla Benatova are fabulous!  I just enjoy flipping through the book to look at all the textures and I discover something new almost every time I look through.  The illustrations are done with handmade paper, which is super fun to do...but, there are a lot of materials and time invested in handmade papers.  This is better suited for small groups, not 115 kids.  So I decided that we would do something a little different for the background (I'll show this off in part 2).  Here are some of our fun characters we did.  While the main character in the book is a little girl, I gave my 2nd graders a choice to do a boy of girl and come up with the design for their magic raincoat.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/