Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Cupcake Weavings

During summer camps, I like to add a variety of activities.  While most weavings seem daunting for a short 4 day camp, these small cardboard weavings are perfect!
Not only do they have the fun of weaving, but also designing the loom.  This year, I decided on a cupcake theme.  While I don't have many photos of the finished product, these few will give you an idea of the completed project.  

I simply love that this is a great introduction to weaving, and those who already know how, well this is a great refresher!  
Below are a few examples from last years weaving on fish looms.



Cereal boxes and other pressed cardboard make an excellent source for the looms.  Plus, it is a great way to reuse!  Saving the earth, one art project at a time...  Seriously, though, it is a great way to teach resourcefulness. And a great way to cut down on expenses.  






2 comments:

  1. Hey! You are the winner of the Stencil Craft book on my blog. Email me your address: marciadotcom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm so excited! Thanks so much Marcia

      Delete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/