Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Teacher gifts

Being that I am a non-classroom teacher I really make an effort to recognize and give a little something to all the teachers and teacher's aides that come into contact with my children.  They give as much of themselves as classroom teachers and many times go unrecognized.  I want them to know that they are appreciated and their commitment to my children is recognized.  Plus it never hurts to butter up the people that work with your children on a daily basis!!  I also give this to the pediatric group my kids see.  For the last 6 years I have made jalepeno jelly.  It started one year when I was growing a salsa garden and I had so many jalepenos I didn't know what to do with them.  So, I found this recipe, it is awesome because it actually uses jalepeno instead of bell pepper, which most recipes do.  So, it does pack some heat.  Here is the link to the best jalepeno jelly ever. http://www.texashomesteader.com/2009/06/11/blue-ribbon-jalapeno-jelly/



Puree mix ready for cooking.

Add caption

WEAR gloves, the juice will burn your skin for hours.  

Great holiday snack... cream cheese, your favorite crackers, and jelly.

I also made s'mores chocolate bark, super easy to make.  

I do this as well, it lets my kids join in on the process since they can hardly be in the room when the jelly is being made, the jelly odor is a bit strong while it cooks.



1 comment:

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/