Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Compliment Colors with Art Stixs

This is a compliment color project that all my 3rd, 4th and 5th graders worked on this past year.  I love black glue and the results, but I don't always love mixing the the glue with paint.  I've done it all.  For many years, I did glue with india ink.  If you don't get the proportions right, then it gets really gummy.
I've done glue with black acrylic, I get very similar results...too gummy. I've done black tempera with glue, which seems to work alright, but they seem to turn quickly, and tempera just stinks, so there's that.

This is a beautiful solution, although right now,  an expensive one!  With the slime craze going on right now glue in general is expensive, but especially clear glue.
The clear glue on the black construction paper shows up black, and as a little bonus, it's SHINY!
The results are fabulous and super easy.  And you don't have to spend several hours mixing up black glue that may or may not work for you.






7 comments:

  1. What a neat trick! I’m going to have to invest in some clear glue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clear glue, as in transparent glue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, It’s called Elmer’s clear glue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What did you use for the colors? I can't tell what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so wonderfully inspiring to me as an artist who is trying to be more regular with my blogging. I’ve noticed when I blog more frequently that it actually promotes more creativity within my work and makes the business side of the job more balanced and productive. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haloo pak^^

    Kami dari SENTANAPOKER ingin menawarkan pak^^

    Untuk saat ini kami menerima Deposit Melalui Pulsa ya pak.

    *untuk minimal deposit 10ribu
    *untuk minimal Withdraw 25ribu

    *untuk deposit pulsa kami menerima provider
    -XL
    -Telkomsel


    untuk bonus yang kami miliki kami memiliki
    *bonus cashback 0,5%
    *bunus refferal 20%
    *bonus gebiar bulanan (N-max,samsung Note 10+,Iphone xr 64G,camera go pro 7hero,Apple airpods 2 ,dan freechips)

    Daftar Langsung Di:

    SENTANAPOKER

    Kontak Kami;

    WA : +855 9647 76509
    Line : SentanaPoker
    Wechat : SentanaPokerLivechat Sentanapoker

    Proses deposit dan withdraw tercepat bisa anda rasakan jika bermain di Sentanapoker. So… ? tunggu apa lagi ? Mari bergabung dengan kami. Pelayanan CS yang ramah dan Proffesional dan pastinya sangat aman juga bisa anda dapatkan di Sentanapoker.

    ReplyDelete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/