Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Recycled Monet

Recycled Monet

 



One of my favorite artist is Claude Monet.  Years ago I saw a Monet exhibit in Las Vegas, of all places!  It was then that I saw the true magnitude of his art.  I've done artist studies with Monet
in different ways, but I love the way these turn out.  I use recycled calendar pictures.  When these go in the artshow, I always get comments on these pieces.    So, if you are looking for a project for Earth day, this is a great option.  I let the faculty and parents know that I am in need of calendars, especially those depicting nature at the beginning of school and before Christmas so that I have a good selection, I also hunt at the dollar stores for bargains.

2 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog. What is the procedure used here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa. The students select a picture from a stack of pictures I have chosen. I try to find pictures with large images, not small details. They use oil pastel to layer over the pictures. I have them choose 3 colors for each area they are working on. And generally they layer these colors from darkest to lightest. These are not full calendar pictures, (tried that one year, took WAY too long) so these are cut down or cut in half. It generally takes them about 4, 50 minute art lessons to do these. Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

      Delete

http://pinterest.com/pruitts/elementary-art-education/